I rode on the bumper cars.
Flashback to last year: My sister, the kids, my mom & I all at the carnival. The kids are too small to ride the bumper cars a lone so adults have to go with them. My mom & sister take 2 of the kids on & tell me to take the third one on. I refuse, not only do i refuse but I protest that the reason is I simply wont fit. I will not be able to get that god forsaken bar down on my lap & I'll be asked to get my fat ass out of the car. I sit on the side & watch my mom and sister take two of the kids, then one of them go again to take the third. I'm practically bawling on the inside. It's so unfair, I can't enjoy this time with my family. I'm ashamed, I want to hide. I want to eat more so that I can weigh less. The entire inner struggle & battle with myself weighing me down mentally.
This year, I didn't hesitate for a second. I didn't even give it a second thought. Yea, the bar was a little snug on my stomach but it closed enough & my son steered while I pushed the gas & let me tell you what a happy exhilarating moment it was for me. Not only was the whole experience good, but my family recognized what a big deal this was for me :) they encourage me completely with the weight loss but I felt as though they were right there smiling & cheering silently for me. Proud of me. It makes being on this journey that much more exciting & makes me that much more dedicated!! :D
& the negative. I ate funnel cake, and some popcorn & a little cotton candy. :\ but it was worth it & I'll work hard this week to still gain a loss :P
~erica♥
What a great NSV. I'm so happy for you<3
ReplyDelete