
So, tonight was my first attempt at the C25K. I did not succeed.
I downloaded the app on my phone that Meg suggested, which by the way is pretty great! You start it, and you can put it back on ur phone & still listen to music or text or whatever & it dings whenever you change from running to walking and back . Anyways, I downloaded it & set out on my journey.. I got past the first 5 minutes of walking and the first minute of running pretty smoothly, then the second minute of running was hard.. my breath was catching, my shins started to hurt a little and i felt like that was the longest minute ever! Then the third minute came along, I could almost see flames my chest was so on fire, my throat was dry, my shins felt like they were splitting open & I ended up walking for the last 10 seconds of running & then walked for the next 5 minutes till I walked myself right home.
I have two feelings towards this.
1. I'm disappointed, I know it would have felt amazing to just go out there & complete Week 1/Day 1 of it & be proud of that. Giving up is always a sucky option but I really felt like there was just no way I could accomplish it tonight without falling over in some random persons yard crying.
2. It's okay. I will saddle of the horse again and try again maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day and I will continue to try until I can complete it. That's the whole point of the C25K right? to build you up to be a runner? I will keep going until I can complete days 1,2 &3 and then move forward to week 2 and I will repeat any days I have to until I am confident and comfortable in that.
So up & down about this, but still positive! I can & will do this, I just need to build my body up to it!
I have attempted also, to set up a schedule for all of my workouts.
this is what I came up thus far, but I'm not sure if it's going to be set in stone.. if anyone has any ideas or suggestions they are (as always) very welcomed.!
MONDAY - C25K
TUESDAY - Ab Workout
Gym 30min+
WEDNESDAY- Zumba
THURSDAY- C25K
Ab Workout
FRIDAY- Gym 30min+
SATURDAY -C25K
Gym 30min+
SUNDAY- rest.
I originally wanted 4 days at the gym, 1 day of zumba bi weekly and then the ab workout whenever but since I've started & would like to stick to the C25K program, I figure that allows me to cut back a day at the gym & I think I'm going to make Zumba a weekly thing because now, I'm already ready to go back!
I really want to start dropping the weight & toning my body so even though I know this is kind of a busy schedule for working out I'm prepared to do it. Once I get the kiddos into bed my mom is usually hear and willing to keep an ear on them so most of my workouts will be at night, unless I can drag myself out of bed early enough to do it in the morning before they are up.. hm.
Next: I'm getting ready to make my grocery list for next month & I have got to be sure to get the healthies. I've been slipping on that & TBH i feel it inside, the diet of foods I've been eating I want to go back to my 100 cal packs, my healthy choice meals & my fruits and veggie loving bowls & trays :D
~erica♥
You are soooo not a failure! I bought the C25K app for my phone MONTHS ago. I'd try week 1 day one, couldn't do it, then try again. Then I just gave up all together. And then I lost some more weight, and then last Monday I started it again. I pushed through and this morning I completed Week 2, Day 1. It's tough, but it takes some time. Build yourself up, it gets easier, I promise. Not fun...but easier, lol.
ReplyDeleteAt least you tried and plan to try again! It's going to kick your ass but I have faith in you, you can do it <3
ReplyDeleteI never did the C25K. I just did what I could when I started which wasn't much. Now many, many months later... I run anywhere from 3-5 miles a few times a week. It takes time and patience but keep it up and you will be able to run like the wind. I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to run and run and run some more.
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely not a failure, it matters that you tried at all. When I first started training for a 5K I thought I would die. I literally whined everyday about it and for the first week I could barely make it through the 1 minute runs. 6 months later I have run 5 5k's and I can run for a full 5-8 minutes without dying. You can do it, just have faith in yourself!
ReplyDelete