I workout, but I don't use the treadmill. I use the elliptical for about 15-30 mins and then strength train, but with the whether improving I think it might be a good idea to start walking around my house again + possibly start jogging some of that when possible to build up my stamina.
Any suggestions from you avid runners?
Yesterday was very low activity. I didn't work out, I didn't walk, I didn't jog. I barely moved from my bed most of the day. I drank only 33.8 oz of water - but at least it was better than nothing.
Yesterday's meals were less than extraordinary:
Egg sandwich, 2 slices of cheese, mayo & regular bread.
Bowl of green beans for lunch.
2 cheeseburgers, lettuce, onion + a little ketchup.
+ then I caved....
I didn't even look at the calories in this cuz I knew they'd be ridiculous. But i ate it anyways. hm.
So I'm seeing the pattern in my slightly unhealthy eating. On the positive, I'm not really binging or overeating too much of one thing which is good for me.. on the negative I could do better. Way better.
Egg sandwich, 2 slices of cheese, mayo & regular bread.
Bowl of green beans for lunch.
2 cheeseburgers, lettuce, onion + a little ketchup.+ then I caved....
I didn't even look at the calories in this cuz I knew they'd be ridiculous. But i ate it anyways. hm.So I'm seeing the pattern in my slightly unhealthy eating. On the positive, I'm not really binging or overeating too much of one thing which is good for me.. on the negative I could do better. Way better.
Hopefully today's better. I'd like to eat healthier, go to the gym after work + possibly even take an evening walk tonight.
Hope everyone has a great day!
~erica♥
Hope everyone has a great day!
~erica♥
If you want my honest opinion, I think you ARE binging. If you are making unhealthy choices (cookie dough and then donuts) then you are earthing out of emotion, stress, boredom, etc. again - jusy my own opinion but that food is not food of someone who is healthy. I've made unhealthy choices, too - nobody is prefect, but realizing your mistakes is the first step in moving forward.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the running - start slow, run as much as you can and then walk and then run and walk. Treadmik or outside, it's preference. The biggest tip is to just keep at it - it might take weeks or months before you can run any long distance. Just don't give up!!
I would try the Couch to 5k program to get into running. It's a great way to start out slow and get your body used to running without hurting yourself. It's hard, but manageable!
ReplyDeleteI started running when I was 240lbs. I started out just running 30-60sec intervals and worked my way up to a 5k. You CAN do it - just take it slowly
ReplyDeleteWhen I started running, I was really no different than you. In less than a year, I completed 5 -5 K races, 2 -10K races and a triathlon. Growing up, I hated running. It was a form of punishment or necessary part of a game. That was the only reason I ran. Now, running has become such an intregral part of who I am and my exercise routine. I love it.
ReplyDeleteAt first, when I started running I could not run 30 seconds. But I did what I could and built on it. My goal was to be able to run 1 mile because I think a fit person should be able to run at least 1 mile. I'm not speedy, but I do my best to keep a running/jogging pace. Once I could run a mile, I was over joyed. And I picked another goal. Once I completed my first 5K I was hooked.
There are many many couch to 5K plans. Google them, make a running schedule and in a few weeks you will be surprised at your progress.
I'm currently trying out C25K running podcasts. Basically it assumes you're a non-runner and over a period of weeks you gradually build up how much you run.
ReplyDeleteIn the first week it's basically 5 minutes of walking, 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, 60 seconds running and so on until you've ran 8 times and then it ends with another 5 minute walking.
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx
I agree with the couch 2 5K program. If you have and iPod or iPhone, you can buy an app (for cheap) that tells you when to walk and when to run so that you don't have to keep looking at your watch. You can totally do this.
ReplyDelete