Water intake for today: 84.5oz. <- This is in BIG thanks to Meg who told me last night to join PEWC & drink 64oz of water! Friends are great♥
Today was another pretty great day. It's amazing how much better I'm feeling, about myself, my health, my life. Just making the decision to start being healthier. I worked out, walking & running on the treadmill for 15mins. I wanted to push myself to go for 20, but with the running in as well I just couldn't make it. I hope to build myself up to that eventually. I'm just proud that i worked out at all. I called Curves today, I'm contemplating on if i should or want to join. It's literally a 5 minute walk from my house, so i could walk there and home as well as the 30min circuit they have there. Idk yet. Part of me wants to, but the other part of me isn't sure.. Okay, honestly, part of me is afraid that I'd sign up, and then hate it or give up on this whole thing. I'm very determined this time around to be a success story, but there is still that small fear.
On another note.. I'm starting to realize that what everyone else in my family eats, isn't always going to be what I want or should be eating. Normally either me or my mom cook & it's for everyone in the house. Well, my mom isn't big on health herself.. so if i was like "Hey mom.. let's start getting healthy foods to make for dinner & no more of this high calorie crazy junk!" she would probably laugh at me & tell me to just eat it an hush. Which sucks right? That's my support system ha. So i can foresee problems in the future with that, at least for the short while that I'm still here and trying to scrap my life of the ground. I don't want to spend more money on getting extra foods just for my dinner when the rest of the house is eating other things. My fix for this? I'm going to either look for a recipe book that is based on low calorie & healthy meals for dinner, or make my own from recipes online. Then, I'm going to try and religiously be the one who cooks dinner for about a month or so(which I'm sure she will enjoy no matter what I'm making) In hopes that once she tastes these meals & likes them.. she too will start preferring to make them.
I didn't touch the scale again today! Still had a showdown with it every time i walked into the kitchen. It got me thinking of how I will feel if i check on Monday and haven't lost anything...part of me thinks I will just use it to motivate myself even more. I read these success stories & i KNOW i could be one of them. Another part of me feels like I might be so disappointed that i take down a pint of Ben&Jerry's as a HA to my body:/ I guess I'll just have to wait & see till Monday.
erica♥
No comments:
Post a Comment