Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 5*; So, to start off..

I didn't eat any cookies or anything last night. It was really nice to not let food take over, even when i was stressed & just really wanted to give in. As for this morning, I found myself eating egg whites(something I've NEVER eaten, without the yolk), & Fat Free Milk in my cereal(which I've always thought was disgusting, but the flavor to my cereal evens it out). It's weird how starting with counting calories has changed my view on food overall. I thought counting the calories would be good for me yea, I wouldn't eat AS MUCH.. but the truth is, it makes me watch what I'm eating even more. Eating this with less calories, means i get to eat more in a day. So cutting out the little things in my meals does that. I was full from breakfast, & it was a total of less than 200 calories. 1 change, deciding to watch cals, that's all it took to get me on this entire journey!

I have to remember to thank my sister. She's the one who sent me to the caloriecount website & suggested i could use it and might like it! That's where it all started. Lately I've been pretty much focusing and thinking about this change in my lifestyle all the time. Which i guess you have to do in order to stick to it. I want to talk about it a lot with people or think of new goals, or update my journal, or plan my next meal. I know that's not a bad thing considering I just started at this, but i do hope in the future it dies down. I want this to be second nature to me, I want it to be my 'New Life' in a sense. A new way of living.

erica♥

1 comment:

  1. Yknow, you can still eat cookies. I get the 100 calorie packs and eat those. They have a good selection of snacks. I definitely recommend them and I'm sure that with time calorie counting will become second nature to us.<3

    ReplyDelete