I took the day off yesterday from working out. My leg day the day before was so hard on my knees they were killing me! Not a good sore, a bad painful sore.. so I took the day off in hopes that they would feel better by today & they do :) The amusing thing is, I missed working out yesterday, I felt like a blob because I didn't...(who could have seen THAT coming?!?!) so this morning I set my alarm for 6 am, my daughter woke me up at 530 hungry lol so I got her a bottle and got my workout gear on!! I did my working out at 6 am this morning. Sure there was complaints, I hadn't even had coffee yet! I was still too sleepy, my body wasn't awake yet.. but I decided that THIS particular morning - my mind would be stronger than my body & I was going to work out, and BAM that's what happened. Dripping sweat before 7am was in it's own way very liberating! I also drank near 2 bottles of water already this morning, *GASP* before my coffee, SCORE! Took a shower and am now letting myself wake up fully. I already feel productive today!!
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means saying this will happen every day. Especially with tomorrow being the weekend, I have off, the kids have off, sleeping in is almost a MUST.
What I am saying is working out at all different times of the day can be a great thing on your body. I feel more awake now than I do almost any morning, I feel alive and ready to eff this day up!!! If you can't work out till late at night, early in the morning, lunch time, dinner time, WHATEVER JUST DO IT!
I have been dropping the ball on tracking again, UGH!! I don't know why that damn book is so hard to keep up with. There are apps I could use, I have a small little pocket book that you can take with you and an actually paper book I can write in, THIS SHOULDN'T BE SO HARD. I might need to set alarms on my phone at intervals to remind myself to be tracking!
(I really need sticky notes... a lot...)
I made more energy bites last night & for the first time I made protein bars!!! They smell delish, but oh lawdy they called for A LOT of protein powder lol. Pictures to come..
Life gives us all sorts of things to work through and to over come, living an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle is just another one of those things. You wouldn't give up on your family or your kids just because things got a lot harder, you owe it to yourself not to give up on YOU just because things get hard. This journey takes time.. I had my own reflection the other night and I've been openly saying I can FEEL the changes already, but when I look in a mirror it's easy to get discouraged.. it's easy to want to say what am I even doing this for??! It will take time, but it is worth it, I believe that in my heart of hearts. When I can look in that mirror and feel not only happy with what I see, but feel the strength and perseverance that got me there?
I am unstoppable.
You are unstoppable.
& Here's a picture to really think about, I saved it to my computer last night & wanted to write something about it, but I think self thought for each person is different, this image is powerful to me because I have felt controlled by food, I still do - it's a struggle & someday it will turn into something I wont even have to think twice about...
~XO
Erica♥



Girl, I admire u. Working out is something I have to statt doin in the near future. And I agree 100% that not onky does it help ur body bit it also helps the mind. Keep going girl! Hugs
ReplyDelete