Moving on.... all day yesterday my legs were sore. I woke up in the morning mentally planning on working out once my legs loosened up a little, yea well - that never happened! Since I am dead serious about this journey I started to do some research. I wasn't sure if I SHOULD workout with as much pain as I was in. I found a few different articles that pointed out that about 8 hours after a work out is when you will start to feel the pain and it can last from 24 to 48 hours. Whole your muscles are mending from the small tears, it's best NOT to work them out because it can actually be counter productive in building stronger muscles.
So for yesterday's workout consisted of the same arm work out I did yesterday, plus 40 crunches from the Sunday circuit I was planning on doing (that my children ended up doing all of by themselves hahaha) this morning I am still in a lot of pain in my legs, hoping that working and having to be on my feet for hours loosens them up enough to do SOMETHING when I come home tonight, but if not I still plan on pushing through when the pain subsides.
Yesterday, for dinner I made grilled chicken fajitas yummm:



They were so delicious! I don't know the calories in this meal, but I do know that regardless I had lettuce, yellow and green bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, a lot of colorful foods, this meal probably gave me multiple servings of veggies! So big win for me. Now to start finding multiple recipes that are healthy and fairly simple to cook.
So I achieved my goals yesterday
- Made a healthy dinner [Check] it was delicious and I loved it! So excited for more new ideas :)
- Drank 3 bottles of water [Check] BARELY! I had to push it in the evening, today should be better though since I'm headed back to work and I drink a lot at work.
- Worked out [Check] The parts of my body that weren't sore, but it was hard since it's my LEGS that hurt so much.
-Keep up with 3 bottles of waters.
-Fit in another arm work out and crunches AT THE LEAST.
-Stay on the hunt for recipes that aren't hard to make and that are healthy and good for you!
-Pick it out a pair of jeans for my non-weighted goal!
I must add - it's absolutely wonderful having a boyfriend who is willing to massage my legs because they are THAT sore from working out. He is very supportive and it's an experience I didn't get to have the last time I took this journey and am very thankful for now!
Now to try and function more without coffee :(
~XO
Erica♥
No comments:
Post a Comment