Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 27*; Missing my scale..

Today's meals :)
.....


Breakfast: Egg whites, 1 large egg, on whole grain white sandwich thins 1/ 1tbsp mayo & a slice of cheese. Activia & a coke (Idk why, but i was craving this soda in the am.. I figured since it was early in the day to indulge with it)
Lunch: Kellogg's Almond Vanilla cereal, 3/4 cup of 2% milk, Breyers yocrunch yogurt.
Snack: My lays chips from yesterday
Dinner: 2 morning star grillers, 2 slices of cheese, 1tbsp mayo on whole grain sandwich thins and a half cup of cucumbers.
Snack: 100 cal milk chocolate pretzels.

Total 1,881 calories for the day :)

I'm actually very surprised, I thought once I gave into temptation for the soda this morning that my day was gonna go downhill, but i salvaged the rest of the day even with a few snacks in the mix! Yum!

I am also very happy to say that I, in fact, DID workout today!! Although, I wish i would have done way better, i still tried & that's good enough for me! I attempted the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. The one on demand is supposed to be a 20min workout or so... I lasted 10 & even though i feel pathetic even admitting that, it's true. I am proud that i even attempted it, and the reason i stopped halfway through was because my chest felt on FIRE like i could barely breathe! I know that's because I'm out of shape. But if i keep doing it and trying and push myself harder each time, maybe I'll eventually be able to finish the whole thing! I always go into a workout with bigger expectations in my head than I'm actually capable of. I tried to push myself as hard as i could while doing the video but I got to a point where i felt too weak. After i stopped my legs were literally shaking! I went out to get the mail and then came upstairs and the whole time I was like "OMG! am i gonna make it?!" LOL but I do admit, the feeling i get after i workout is such an amazing one.. that alone should get me more motivated to do this shit. I can have a blah day all day long, feeling low and kind of sad but as soon as i workout (even for 10 min.) I'm like woooo! YEA! :D haha. I wish I was able to get myself motivated enough to workout in the morning sometime so that i might be able to maintain that feeling for most of the day. Tomorrow I have therapy. I don't think we'll talk much about my weight loss journey because even though it is VERY important to me, there isn't really anything I feel i need from her that i don't already get from the many people on here & the forums I use.

Btw;; I really can't wait to get my scale.. I know not having one isn't a HUGE deal and some people don't even weigh themselves but once a month or so, but i really just wanna know if i gained since my last weigh in since I got crazy or if I'm losing now or what ugh!

~erica♥




6 comments:

  1. You are awesome and are even inspiring me to try new foods! And 10 minutes of the shred is better than 10 minutes on the couch! You go girl!

    Look into getting a kettlebell, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...the first time I did the Shred I only made it through 4 minutes. No joke. So way to go on making it through 10!! I can still barely do 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 30 Day Shred is the death of me! I was so sore after doing it that the next day I couldn't even sit down my legs hurt so much. Good for you for trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG! I love the 30 day shred, and am always sore after it. 10 min will lead into 15 and 15 - 20 and then the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done working out! Keep going with the 30 day shred and if you're sore a walk always helps (well it does with me!).
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'm taking the dog for a walk in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to check out the Shred. Know what? It terrifies me!!! ha!

    ReplyDelete